OK ready for a new challenge?! I hope so!
For this challenge we want you to emboss it! Don’t panic – you don’t have to have a heat gun for this challenge! Now you can have fun with y’heat gun if you want, but here’s some other tips for embossing:
- Running an embossing folder through your die-cutting machine
- Using a Nestability die
- Using a good old fashioned light box, stencil and ball tool!
So don’t think you’ve gotta get covered in embossing powder and burn yourself; though that’s exactly what I did for my example LOL:
The Polka Dots are embossed with white detail powder on Pure Poppy cardstock, as is the sentiment too! I love the way the white ‘pops’!
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics II/On My Couch/On My Couch Additions/Vintage Labels
Ink: Versamark/Pure Poppy/Dark Chocolate/Ripe Avocado/Fresh Snow
Card: Enchanted Evening/Pure Poppy/Stamper’s Select White
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/White Detail EP/Ripe Avocado Grosgrain Ribbon/White Gel Pen
Now Kate’s still sunning herself in L.A (gosh, what a shock she’ll have when she gets back to this weather LOL!) but never fear, Dawn is here as our featured stamper! She goes to prove that you don’t have to limit yourself to a card with her stunning example:
Stamps: Giga Guidelines, Take Note
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet
DSP: Bitty Dots, Everyday Blessings
Mediums: Staz-on, Chocolate Chip (SU), Embossing Stamp pad
Embellishments: Aqua Mist button, Berry Sorbet ½”luxe satin ribbon
Tools – Paper cutter and scorer, Snail adhesive, Heat gun, clear embossing power.
So there ya have it! I hope we’ve inspired you a tiny bit to think about embossing and to enter our challenge. Remember, there’s some PTI goodies to be won!
Here are the deets:
- All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify
- To enter, leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
- Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
- Challenge closes on Monday 25th January 2010 at 9.00am GMT
- A winner will be chosen at random to receive a collection of PTI goodies!
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Aimes , Dawn (& Kate from sunny L.A!)
1. Laurel (Joining us again from the USA! Whoop!)
2. Karin (Another PTI fan from the USA sharing the inspiration!)
3. Nadine (entering from Hawaii with a her shiny new blog!)
16 Margaret (with a second fabulous entry!)