Hello hello! It’s Kate here – yes I am still alive lol! I’m sorry for having been MIA for a while – I must say a HUGE thank you to dear dear Aimes for keeping our l’il old blog going while I was on holiday – thanks hun, what a star you are!
So it’s time for another challenge and this fortnight we’re going back to nature – we’d like you to come up with a nature inspired project. So it can be flowers, trees, leaves or anything that says ‘nature’ to you!
For my sample I used three of my newest PTI goodies – the yummy leaf papers and matching stamp set and Dawn McVey’s ‘Say it With Style’ sentiment set… this is going to be an absolute fave I can tell!
Over to Aimes: “Hmmm…nature….well I would love to say there’ s loads of it around me that I can relate to a PTI stamp set but that would be fibbing. So instead I turned to a stamp set that I hope will inspire nature to get a move on – I’m bored of winter now LOL!
This was created using a masking technique. The white border was simple; I simply used a white gel pen to draw around the nestability I used to cut out the Melon Berry panel.
Melon Berry is just one of those colours I tend to pass on so I really wanted to make it a feature on this card. I’m still not sure if I like it, but the recipient seemed to!”
I also decorated the inside of my card too, I’ve noticed that seems to be a trend around Blogland at the mo…”
Stamps: Friends til the End
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate/Melon Berry/Vintage Cream
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Cream Vintage Buttons/Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon/Cream Ribbon Twine/White Gel Pen
And here is the fabulous sample from Dawn, this month’s Featured Stamper:
Card Recipe Stamps: Everyday Buton Bits/Giga Guidelines Cardstock: Plum Pudding/Sweet Blush/Dark Chocolate DSP: Guidelines Mediums: Old Olive/Lavender Lace (SU)/Versamark Embellishments: Plum Pudding Satin Ribbon/Square Brad/Buttons from Stash Tools: Paper Cutter and Scorer/Snail Adhesive/Nestabilities (Labels 1)
What could you win?
One Sheet of each design of the gorgeous DP – Simple Valentine (6 sheets in total)
2 Sheets of coordinating cardstock in the following colours (6 sheets in total):
One Raspberry Fizz Cube Ink Cube in the NEW FORMULA which is a total dream to work with. It’s a bit like a chalk ink and gives amazing coverage!
- All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify
- To enter, leave a link below to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery. (We’ve just started using My Linky – hopefully it will be ok but if there are any problems please leave us a comment! Click on the Mister Linky Pic below to try it out!)
- Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
- Challenge closes on Monday 8th February 2010 at 9.00am GMT
- A winner will be chosen at random to receive a collection of PTI goodies!
Kate, Aimes and Dawn xxx