Ready for a new challenge? I thought so!
Don’t be confused by the title of our new challenge; it’s just me being a fan of a cheesy play on words! For our latest challenge we want to see creations that feature the use of Dies. So many of us now own die-cutting machines, and it seems that so many companies (including Papertrey Ink) have released their own dies to co-ordinate with stamp sets, (and in some cases stamp sets that co-ordinate with dies from other companies) that it seemed appropriate to set a challenge based on ’em!
Now don’t feel that you’ve gotta use a PTI die on your creation – remember that your creation only needs to use a single PTI product to qualify for entry to our challenge! Oh and you’re not limited to cards either ;D
Now it’s my turn to host alone this fortnight for now as my partner in PTI crime, Kate is kinda busy! If she finds time, I’m sure she’ll provide a fabulous creation later. Seems like July is a rather busy month for both of us!
Anyways here’s my example for the challenge:
Stamps: Star Prints/Background Basics: Text Style/Fancy Flourishes/Daily Design Sentiments/Vintage Labels
Ink: Dark Chocolate/Versamark
Card: Vintage Cream/Kraft/New Leaf
Accessories: New Leaf Twill Ribbon/Clear EP/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities
This card was made for my very own honey’s birthday last Friday, hence the super simple design! And as you can see I used a load of stamps sets on what seems like a very CAS card, along with my Nestabilites rather than a PTI die. I do however have another example to share with y’all later this week that features many PTI dies on one card – stay tuned for that when I find time to photograph it LOL!
Here’s Kate: ” I’m really leaning towards vibrant summer colours this week – no doubt an antidote to the pouring rain! I used my On my Couch set and matching die for the cute polka dot chair”:
Stamps: On my Couch
Card: Stamper’s Select White/Raspberry Fizz
Ink: Raspberry Fizz/Summer Sunrise/Aqua Mist/True Black
Papers: Bitty Dot Basics 2009 – Summer Sunrise
Other: Raspberry Fizz ribbon/Labels One dies
Wanna play along but wondering what to do if you haven’t got a die-cutting machine?! How about finding a crafty peep to post you a few die-cut shapes to help you out?
So what’s in it for you if you play along? How about a super sweet PTI stamp set?
Yup, the winner will receive the sweet stamp set, Fly Away!
So, you ready to play? Here’s the deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. If you’re having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, July 26th 2010 at 9.00am GMT
* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies! In addition to this, we’ll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
OK crafty peeps, go get die cutting!
Aimes & Kate