Time for a new challenge methinks! So after totally conquering our last challenge, are you ready for something a little different? I hope so!
For this fortnight’s challenge we want to see your own takes on Long and Tall cards. I know myself I tend to get stuck in a pattern of making 4.25″x5.5″ cards so like to break out every now and again and challenge myself to a different shape.
Here’s my example:
OK I know this looks like a pretty uneventful card – I mean that chair is hardly inviting enough to make anyone feel better….hmmm…..I wonder if I could change that chair somehow….Oh c’mon you know me, I like a lil‘ bit of magic every now and again…..just pull up that terracotta ribbon….
….a bit more….
Stamps: On My Couch/On My Couch Additions/Polka Dot Basics II
Ink: Terracotta Tile/Versamark/Stazon Black
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow/Terracotta Tile/Ripe Avocado
Accessories: Acetate/Ripe Avocado Grosgrain Ribbon/ Fiskars Border Punch/Corner Rounder/Nesties/Fresh Snow Twill/Brads
Oh this card made my guy really smile so know it’s gotta be suitable for giving to my Dad to cheer up his recovery after his stressful weeks in hospital.
Over to Kate:
“When I was looking through my PTI stamps for a good set to make a tall card with, I came across my little-used ‘Take Three Spring’ set and thought the three leaf images would be perfect for a bright and summery birthday card.”
And as our featured stamper for this month, here’s Caryn’s fabulous take on the challenge:
“I’m normally very square so this was a real challenge for me!! I used rustic cream for the base (half sheet of card folded in half lengthways), then with a mount of Pure Poppy layered with the spotty paper from the Rustic Snowflakes paper collection. I stamped the outline image of the large flower from Peaceful Poinsettias twice onto cream card and coloured them with ProMarkers (Berry Red and Ruby). The centres have been glittered with black fine glitter. The sentiment has been stamped and mounted on Rustic Cream and Pure Poppy and then the card has been finished with True Black twill ribbon.”
Have we convinced you to join in our challenge yet? I hope so, but just in case you need some more persuading, if you live within Europe you could be the lucky winner of this:
A sheet of each design of PTI’s Dotty Biscotti (6 sheets in total) plus a whole reel of Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon!
OK so here are the deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. If you’re having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, August 23rd 2010 at 9.00am GMT
* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies! In addition to this, we’ll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
Have fun with this challenge – we can’t wait to see what long and tall creations you come up with!
Aimes, Kate and Caryn