Welcome to a new challenge here on A Passion for Papertrey! I bet you’re all as glad as me that the clocks have gone forward, the daffodils are brightening our gardens, and the weather is getting a bit warmer…spring is most definitely in the air!! And to celebrate we’re making this challenge a ‘spring’ challenge – think flowers, spring colours, Easter.. in fact anything that says spring to you!
Caryn has had to take a week off but Aimes, Claire – our Featured Stamper for April, and myself have got some springtime projects to share with you 🙂
For my card I used the Take Three Spring set, teamed with some vibrant colours. This was the first time I’ve used my Take Three die for the matching stamps… talk about making life easier!!
Over to Aimes
“Finally! Spring is here! After a winter that seemed to last forever, I’m so grateful that spring has finally arrived. No more de-icing the car, no more freezing in the snow and no more having to wait to take pictures of my projects at the weekend due to running out of daylight hours in the working week: Hooray for spring!
But enough gushing over the joys of spring and onto my spring-themed project:
For my project I think I’ve accidentally skipped spring and pounced onto summer – eek! But if you imagine these flowers as yellow daffodils, then I think you’d get the impression of spring, right?!Okay, okay, I ‘fess up: I made these lil’ gift packages for two very special buddies of mine a while before we moved digs and I’m being naughty using them for this challenge. Hope you can forgive me and maybe gimme a li’l sympathy as all my inky supplies are still imprisoned in those darn cardboard boxes. Man, the day they’re released I’m gonna ink like I’ve never inked before! LOL!”
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Daily Designs Sentiments – PTI
Ink: Rich Cocoa – Memento/Versamark/Fresh Snow – PTI
Patterned Paper: Dotty Biscotti – PTI
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz & Hawaiian Shores Grosgrain Ribbon and Buttons, Beautiful Blooms Die, Tag Sale #1 Die, Twine – PTI/’Chompy’ – Corner Chomper/Cuttlebug
And here Claire’ fabulous project – made using Tags for Spring. How cute is that Easter basket?!
Here are the challenge deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it’s hard to tell :D)
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post (be aware that we’ve had a few niggles with it!). Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you’re having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, April 18th 2011 at 9.00am GMT
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we’ll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
Kate, Aimes, Caryn and Claire xxxx