Hello all and welcome to a new challenge!! This time we’re thinking about borders and how to incorporate them into our projects. You can use any type of border – stamped, punched, stitched, hand-drawn – let’s get creative!
Oh and as luck would have it Moxie Fab World
are also having a border challenge at the moment – so head on over there for some inspiration and a chance to enter another challenge!
I went a little crazy with scallop borders for my challenge, layering them up with some white ribbon magically turned black with the help of a Copic marker!
Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments/Make a Wish
Ink: Plum Pudding/Memento Tuxedo Black
Card: Stampers Select White
Paper: Bitty Dot Basics (plum pudding & black)
Other: Medium Scalloped Die/black Copic Sketch Marker
And now over to Caryn…
Well I am trying to get organised this year and so have been busy making my “Thank You Teacher” cards. The new Fruit Fusion: Apple stamp set and die were the obvious choice for this project and as the colour of apples is often red, I am in Pure Poppy heaven too! I used the Simple Alphabet set to create the name of the teacher and and Round and Round for the Thank You sentiment.
Stamps: Fruit Fusion: Apple, Simple alphabet, Round and Round.
Card: Acetate, coaster (apple die cut)
Ink: Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Smokey Shadow
Other: Apple die, gingham ribbon (SU!)
The “border comes from cutting a chunk out of the card front with pinking shears and replacing the missing bit with acetate to give a wee window effect.
And here is over Featured Stamper, Moe:
“I had to giggle when I saw the title of this challenge…you see, I AM “heading for the border” in 3 weeks…EEK…the U.S. border, bound for the PTI Stamp-a-faire event!! My blog buddy, Lynn, invited me down to stay with her and go to the event. How sweet is that? So with borders, loving thoughts of a dear friend and berry sorbet on my mind, I came up with this sweet little number.
I love layering border punches so I started with the EK Success large scalloped punch and then cut a strip of berry sorbet with the PTI banner borders die. I took my colour choices from the new Cosmo Cricket’s Odd ‘n Ends paper pad. I love the vintage images in this collection. Say It With Style was the perfect set to add to the vintage feel.
I’ve had sooooo much fun hopping the pond (did I say that right?) and hanging out with my buddy Aimes and Caryn and Kate. What a fun blog with challenges, inspiration and giggles 🙂 Thanks so much, ladies, for letting me hang out and launching an official challenge!! Hey, you still have a few more days to enter!! Hugs everyone!!”
Aimes is a little snowed under but may be stopping by with a creation soon. So now it’s over to you! Wanna see what you could win?! It’s this super cute Fly Away set:
Here are the full challenge deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it’s hard to tell :D)
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you’re having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, July 11th 2011 at 9.00am GMT
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we’ll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Kate, Aimes, Caryn and Moe xxxx
Oh, I just LOVE that last card! So pretty! 🙂
Hi there ….I loved the card that Caryn did, so I made my nephew a card based on the design. Just thought i'd share the link to my blog with the design on for you to see. I hope that that is ok- please get in touch if not.Thanks allShellyhttp://evelyn-mae.blogspot.com/
Great challenge, thanks ladies! Love all your inspiration as ever ;)Rx
Uhooi,,Wow,, This card is beautiful, nice and creative,,Uhooi.blogspot.com
Love love LOVE all of these!!