Greetings all and welcome to this, our last challenge of 2011! In keeping with the festive season we’re giving you another excuse to make one more Christmas card for this challenge, the only stipulation (at Aimes’ insistence!) that you include green in your project.
I do love making monochromatic cards (think quick and easy for mass producing!) so made a card in green….
Card Recipe: (All supplies PTI)
Stamps: 2010 Holiday Tags/Peaceful Poinsietta
Card: New Leaf/Vintage Cream
Ink: Vintage Cream/New Leaf
Other: Mat Stack 3 Die/Vintage Cream grosgrain ribbon
… then made a few others in different colours!
Over to Aimes
“OK, I ‘fess up, so I stomped my feet and demanded a challenge with green in it! But you have to admit, that a spot of green on a card is so suited to Christmas:
Stamps: Modern Basics, Stocking Prints, Holiday Tree (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)/Fern (AMuse Ink)
Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Ribbon (from stash coloured with Promarker!)
I had an inky session playing with Modern Basics (it’s finally getting some much needed inky love) and came up with a wreath. Admittedly it’s a very modern, graphic wreath but I kinda like the tradition juxtaposed with the modern on this design!
I can’t wait to see what gorgeous green creations you whip up to inspire us. And remember, a splash of green on a card is not only for Christmas, but for occasions all year round *wink*“
Over to Caryn…
So we thought it only fair to include a “green” touch to our challenge this week seeing how it must’ve been KILLING Aimes to create a card without it last time!! Not that I’m complaining, it’s still a Christmas card and to be totally honest, I could do Christmas all year round!!
Stamps: Peasceful Poinsettia, Big and Bold Holiday Wishes, Background Basics: Music (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink), Versamark
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Kraft, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Gingham ribbon, button (PTI)
So do you like my Christmas setting? Cosy isn’t it? I thought it set the foliage on the card off too! The sprigs are from the Peaceful Poinsettia set and I’ve paired that with the fabulous Big and Bold wishes: Holidays set. I used a kraft card base and stamped the musical background from Background Basic: Music on it. Right, off to make a few more before I miss the postal deadlines!! Looking forward to seeing your green-themed cards.
Here is what one lucky randomly drawn winner will win:
And here are our challenge deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes it’s hard to see :D)
* All entries must be newly created (well, new to Blogland anyways!). Please don’t link to old posts that might happen to fit the brief of the challenge!!
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you’re having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Tuesday, December 27th 2011 at 9.00am GMT
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we’ll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
Kate, Aimes & Caryn