Welcome to a fabby new challenge here on A Passion for Papertrey! I hope you can join us as we hit on a trend that is wood/woodgrain. Now don’t go thinking that just because you don’t own any wood-patterned stamps or woodgrain impression plate that you can’t play along – we just wanna see where those words take you and think outside the box if you have to!
For me, my brain is on vacation mode, so I took the whole wood-thing literally:
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Pegs, Acrylic Paint (Home Supply)
Yup I literally stamped on wood 🙂
These sweet pegs were so easy to create: simply covered them in white acrylic paint and once dry, stamped sheet music on to them (note: steady hand required for stamping on to pegs!)
Over to Kate:
“Well the only ‘wood’ style stamp I have it the Woodgrain background set, and as I had to make a New Home card for my best friend I die cut a red ‘wooden’ house! Then, as I was rummaging through my dies, I came across the Tiny Envelope die….unused!! Oh dear. So I swiftly corrected that oversight, and can I say how cute the little envelope is!”
Stamps: Background Basics: Woodgrain/Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Pure Poppy/Basic Black
Card: Stamper’s Select White/Kraft
Other: Tiny Envelope Die/Sending You Die/ Love Lives Here Die/Linen Impression Plate
Over to Caryn:
Well rather than go for the woodgrain stamps I decided to use my woodgrain impression plate (my favourite). After die cutting and stamping the fairy castle from Little Princess I added some glittery accents and then ran it through the bigshot to give it a wooden appearance might be a little hard
So have we inspired you to play along with us? For one lucky, randomly selected, European peep will be this stamp set up for grabs:
* Enter as any times as you wish! All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify and can cater for as many different challenges as you please! (please state what is PTI as sometimes it’s hard for us to see…)
* All entries must be newly created (well, new to Blogland anyways!). Please don’t link to old posts that might happen to fit the brief of the challenge!!Please leave a link back to this challenge on your entry too 🙂
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you’re having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, April 16th 2012 at 9.00am BST
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we’ll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
We can’t wait to see what you rustle up for this challenge!
Aimes, Kate & Caryn