Hello PI fans and welcome to a new challenge here on A Passion For Papertrey. I don’t know about you but I can’t believe how quickly this year is flying by! One minute it was the middle of summer and now Christmas feels like it’s just around the corner!! Is it just me??
So as another fortnight goes by, we are at the start of the next one and our newest challenge – Sensational Silhouettes. Now don’t panic and think “I don’t own a PTI set with a silhouette in it”!! Think of flowers, leaves, solid shapes of any kind, dies, etc – all of those could be manipulated in some way to create a silhouette. Let your creative juices run free!!!
My (loose) interpretation of a silhouette is in the form of an aperture made using the Mat Stack 4 die. I cut the aperture from a panel of Simply Chartreuse and then ran it through my Big Shot using the woodgrain impression plate (LOVE!!). This was popped up with foam adhesive and I placed a panel of Pure Poppy underneath it. I am in love with the Stylish Sentiments: Holidays set and used one of the large greetings as my focal point which was stamped in Versamark and embossed with white filigree powder. To give it the country/folky feel (which I love SOO much for Christmas) I added a strip of gingham ribbon and die cut a couple of snowflakes from Kraft and Vintage Cream card using some Sizzlet dies.
Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Holidays
Paper: Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Kraft.
Ink: Versamark with White Filigree Embossing powder
Tools: Woodgrain Impression Plate, Mat stack 4 die, Sizzlit Snowflake dies, Big Shot
Other: Button (Pure Poppy), Gingham ribbon (John Lewis)
Over to Aimes:
“Hmmm well when I thought of silhouettes for this challenge I decided to play with a set that I haven’t played with nearly enough:
Stamps: Happy Trails (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Pure Poppy Grosgrain Ribbon, Happy Trails Bird Die, Text Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug/Gem (Stash!)
I’m ashamed to admit that Happy Trails is a set that I *had* to have and has hardly seen so much as an inkpad since being introduced to the rest of my stamps! Now I may be bending the rules slightly with that bird but I’m stickin’ to my guns and sayin’ it’s a silhouette: I’m not sure if the lined details mean it’s not one…
…oh well seeing as now I’m not sure if that bird counts as a silhouette, I have another card up my sleeve that I created a while back but haven’t shared here that definitely features a silhouette:
Stamps: Iconic Images, Round and Round (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White, Spring Rain, Kraft, Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft)/Mat Stack 2 Die, Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Flower Paper Punch (X-Cut)/Pearl (Hero Arts)/Circle Nestabilities
Now I know for sure that this is a silhouette! 🙂
Sadly poor Kate is suffering from a trapped nerve problem this week (ouch) and has been unable to upload her card today. Hopefully she will be back on form later in the week and will share her creation with us then.
So what’s the prize up for grabs this time? The stunning Mehndi Medallion stamp set (lush!)
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes it’s hard to see :D)
* All entries must be newly created (well, new to Blogland anyways!). Please don’t link to old posts that might happen to fit the brief of the challenge!!
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you’re having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, October 31st 2011 at 9.00am GMT (oooohhhh!)
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we’ll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!